The Siemens We Can Change the World Challenge asks elementary students to develop a solution to an environmental problem or issue in their classroom or school. Completion of the challenge ranges from three weeks to three months depending on the issue identified by the students and the amount of time the teacher would like to extend to this Challenge. As the teacher, you have the flexibility to make this work within your classroom needs. The following are the steps of the challenge process and a recommended timeline.
- Step 1 Learn - Up to three weeks
- Step 2 Plan - Up to two weeks
- Step 3 Act - Up to four weeks
- Step 4 Share & Extend - Up to one week
- Step 5 Reflect - Up to one week
The 2012-2013 Challenge is now closed.